Ecocure Super Efficiency Curing Compound
This system ensures that the emulsion breaks down to form a non-penetrating continuous film immediately upon contact with cementitious surfaces. This impervious film prevents excessive water evaporation which in turn permits more efficient cement hydration, reducing shrinkage and increasing durability. The membrane once formed is degraded when exposed to ultraviolet light over a period of time depending on the conditions of exposure.
• Reduces surface shrinkage and cracking by controlling moisture loss from exposed surface.
• Increases water resistance
• Enables cement to hydrate more efficiently
• Provides hard wearing surface and prevents dusting
• Non toxic and non flammable
• Eliminates need for damp hessian, sand or polythene
• Water loss 0.17Kg/m2 applied at 245ml/m2 which is considerably
more efficient than the maximum permissible water loss of 0.55kg/m2 in ASTM C 309-81and 0.39 kg/m2 in US Federal Specification TT C 800A. 86% when applied at 270ml/m2, Modified Dept. Of Transport specification for Road and Bridge works Clause 2709
• After a period of approx. 28 days the film formed on the concrete surface will begin to degrade
• The rate of degradation will depend upon initial membrane thickness and the degree of exposure to ultra violet light
• Ecocure Super does not fall within the scope of BS 7542:1992 – method of test for curing compounds for concrete, but approximates to a curing efficiency of 90%
• Ecocure Super is spray applied to the surface of newly placed concrete
• The concrete should be free from surface water and the nozzle of the spray should be held approx 450 mm from the concrete surface and passed back and forth to ensure complete coverage
• The pump pressure should be maintained at a level producing a fine spray